Oh July, We Will Miss You!

It is the last day of July.  Tomorrow is August, which means only one month left until I head back to work after my maternity leave -- officially, that is.  It really means I head back to work this week because I'm a teacher and will be busy busy planning and setting up my classroom this month, yikes!

We were able to check off pretty much everything on our summer bucket list this month - how awesome!  We've been busy enjoying our summer and trying to get out and do a lot of things.  Here's a look back at this month...

The month began with Canada Day - the big 150!  We went to the Children's Carnival in Winkler to take in the free entertainment.
Maris turned ONE!  We had a party, which was a blast!
We have had beautiful weather and sunsets all month.  I love this picture of Ari in the canola field next to my parents' farm.
Lots of afternoons spent playing in our backyard.

We went to the Winnipeg Folk Festival for one day.  We were pleasantly surprised at how AWESOME our kids were and we were able to enjoy the entire day!

Summer is full of small town festivals in our area.  We went to the Carman Country Fair for the first time -- Ari took his first midway ride on a monster truck and Maris enjoyed the petting farm.

Fun in my old playhouse with Grandma!
Touring Grandma's gardens.
I took the kids out for ice cream to the BDI in Winnipeg -- I used to live on this very street before getting married, so it felt a bit nostalgic!

Enjoying the Morris Stampede with Grandma and Grandpa!


A trip to the Assiniboine Zoo - such a fun day!
We also ended the month with an evening at the Altona Sunflower Festival, and Ari got to go watch the Canada Summer Games mountain bike race with his dad!  Fun stuff!

August brings about a few more town festivals and a week away at a cabin -- something to look forward to!

No comments :

Post a Comment