Midsummer Garden Update

July is almost over and there are a few new things blooming in my garden!  Here are some photos to tour you around...
I scattered a few poppy seeds in front of my house and this is the first one to bloom!  Love the orange flower.
My front yard is once again a sea of purple coneflowers.  I have very mixed feelings about this sea and may pull it all out one of these years to start over!  They are very beautiful, but have taken over everything!
The more successful of my two square foot gardens.  This one is packed full of pole beans, tomato plants, one giant pumpkin vine, some herbs and a few nasturtium and marigold flowers that are just opening up.  Love it!
My daylilies are now in full bloom and I keep getting compliments on my large planters with 'fireworks' grass and mixed impatiens.  They are doing fabulous!

Ari loves helping me weed and water the garden.  Both kids love to pick peas from the garden and to check for new growth.  Such a fun hobby to share with them!

No comments :

Post a Comment