Where To Find Me


I guess it's no secret that I have abandoned this blog over the past few months.  I blame life...with two toddlers it's hard to find time for blogging!  What I have found time for is quilting.  It's become my new passion, and I'd rather spend my time at the sewing machine than at the computer.

I have set up a public Instagram account to share my quilt work with social media and connect with the incredible quilting community.  I have found endless inspiration and ideas through this outlet.  If you would like to follow my quilting work you will find me at @prairiembquilter.


The photographs in this post are of my most recent quilt top finish.  The pattern is the Meadowland Quilt from Then Came June patterns and it was SO FUN to sew together.  I will be quilting this one as soon as the thread I need arrives in the mail!

I've driven by this abandoned farmhouse countless times and always wanted to photograph a quilt on it.   This quilt and this house are perfect together.    I like to think of connecting the present with the past -- what quilts did the women who lived in this house sew or use?  Quilting is a skill with history and tradition.  That's why I love these photos so much.



This quilt is 80" x 80".  It is fat quarter friendly.  I used Essex Linen in Oyster for the background and a mix of black, white, blue and beige fat quarters that I had a lot of fun collecting from many different quilt shops...I even picked up a few on our road trip this summer.

I loved making this pattern so much that I might even sew together a smaller, bright and colourful version to use as a summer picnic blanket.  Find the Meadowland Quilt pattern at Then Came June!

And follow me @prairiembquilter!


No comments :

Post a Comment