Cornerstone Quilt

Happy Thanksgiving!

One of the things I am most thankful for this year (other than my family, of course) is that I have a new hobby that brings me JOY.  I love working on quilt projects!  With the extra time off this weekend I was able to finish the Cornerstone Quilt project that has been keeping me busy for about one month.  This was a quilt kit from Craftsy and is available here.
The finished quilt size is 51" x 59" -- the largest quilt I have completed so far.  I was definitely feeling like I needed a bigger, better sewing machine while I was quilting this one!
I have not yet learned any free motion quilting, so I am sticking to straight lines for the time being.  They go with my modern taste anyway!  I used pink Aurifil thread for the quilt top and white for the bobbin to match the backing.
I love how it turned out.  I actually changed the pattern a bit to make it more scrappy looking than what was originally intended.
My new quilt is keeping me warm while I write this blog post, and will all winter long.  The Cornerstone quilt pattern and Dreamfield fabric kit is from Craftsy and can be found here.

No comments :

Post a Comment