A Few More Finished Quilts


I am so excited about the two mini quilts I have to share with you today!  I finished them both in the last month, and feel that they are my best quilting work yet.  Both of these quilts had a lot of small pieces to cut and sew together, as well as a little more complicated patterns to follow.  I love how they turned out!



The first one I finished is the Vintage Tulips mini quilt from Thimble Blossoms.  I used a Bonnie and Camille Good Life fabric charm pack for the quilt top -- love the reds, turquoises and greens in this pack!  It's like it's made for this pattern.



The second quilt I finished (just yesterday!) is the 'Like Riding a Bike' pattern from the Snapshots quilt along on Fat Quarter Shop's blog.  Since my husband is an avid bike rider (and we own a bike store...) I HAD to make this pattern once I learned about it!  Of course I tried to make the bike look like my own in turquoise with a basket full of flowers.  I used a Cotton + Steel basics charm pack and Art Gallery letters + roses fabric for the tires.  I was so inspired by this particular fabric because I loved how the print created movement as if the wheels are turning really fast.  I also hand stitched the binding on this quilt for the first time and love how much neater the back looks.  Perhaps I will hand-stitch more of my quilts in the future!

As of this morning, I have a new work in progress (WIP, as they call it).  I have cut into my Lily & Loom Dreamfield layer cake to start the Cornerstone Dreamfield Quilt.  A throw sized quilt!  Yay!

No comments :

Post a Comment