Rainy Weekends

Rainy long weekends aren't always the best, but this weekend I was able to finish TWO craft projects, both for Maris!

The first was a 'cheater quilt' project that I sewed.  It was supposed to be one of those 'one-hour quilts' that I have seen on Pinterest a lot, but it ended up taking me a full week to complete.  I'm not the quickest sewer, and I get pulled away from the task a lot from the children.  I've always wanted to get into quilting, so this was a great starter project to practice the quilting portion of the trade!
I followed the One Hour Hexagon Quilt tutorial from See Kate Sew and ordered the hexagon fabric from her shop on Spoonflower.  I chose a complimentary fabric for the backing.
I LOVE how this quilt turned out, and Maris loves it too!  Ari wants me to make him a quilt now, so I ordered a more boyish triangle cheater quilt fabric for him with trucks for the back.  I also want to try making a real pieced together quilt for myself yet too!

The second project I finished was the Like Sleeves for Babies knit sweater.  This was actually a fairly quick knit, however, it took me awhile to finish because I don't have as much time to work on these projects as I used to.  I love the yarn I chose for this, 'Night Bloom' by Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light.  It reminds me of an orchid.  It will be a nice sleeveless sweater for summer, and, if it still fits, will be perfect for layering in the fall!
It always feels great to finish a project, and even more great to get two done in one weekend!  I can't wait for Ari's fabric to arrive to get started on the next blanket!  As for knitting, I want to make a pair of mittens for myself next, but, I'm not in a hurry to get them started.

SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment