The June Backyard

My planting and potting is complete for this year and things have settled into place with some nice rains.  It was such a beautiful morning yesterday -- the perfect time to take a few photos of the flowers around my backyard.  You'll notice a few more yellow flowers in my pots...thanks to Ari's request for more of that colour.  I love my little perennial garden under the trees, pictured above, with the water fountain and pots with a bit of colour to punch up the area.
I filled my large containers that flank the hot tub patio with purple fountain grass, trailing bamboo grass, purple nemesia and purple verbena.  They already look so full!
The hanging basket that I can see from my kitchen window has a mix of purple and yellow flowers: verbena, African daisy, petunia, double million bells and more trailing bamboo grass.
Ari is always ready to help when it's time to water the plants.
And, of course, my always favourite pot of bright begonias by the garden shed.  I added a small owl this year as a little garden whimsy for the boy.  He has also carved out a 'secret' hiding spot in the shrubs nearby -- I love his little imagination!

No comments :

Post a Comment