Can you believe that it is August 1st already??
The sad part is that summer holidays are halfway over, but the happy part is that we're getting into the big harvest season in the garden! Although my garden is but tiny, it is producing big quantities of cucumbers and zucchini right now. Not being one to waste, I tried out two new recipes this morning to use up some of the produce.
My zucchini turned into delicious cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
The cucumbers made a nice jar of refrigerator bread and butter pickles.
I also spent Monday afternoon picking raspberries at my parents' farm. I turned my pickings into a fresh batch of freezer jam and a delicious 'royal raspberry' cake - a family favourite recipe.
August is always such a fun time of the year in the garden and kitchen - you really cook and bake according to what you have an abundance of!
.jpeg)
No comments :
Post a Comment