China cabinet makeover

Since I painted my kitchen grey during last year's Christmas holidays I have been wanting to change the interior colour of my china cabinet.  It's been bright yellow since 1998 -  when my mom found the set for a steal at our local thrift shop and we painted the pieces together.  I still like the exterior blue, and the paint has held out remarkably well, but the yellow just didn't match the rest of the room anymore.  
Here is the before shot:


I had leftover white paint from painting my interior doors and trim this month, so I thought I'd use it inside my cabinet as well, making for a classic white and blue combination.  
Here is the after shot of the finished project:


I love how fresh and airy it looks.  Also, the cabinet suits the kitchen decor perfectly now.  

I'd like to mention the art above the cabinet - I love all these pieces that I found on Etsy.  It's such a great website to shop affordable art!  Find these three pieces here, here and here.

No comments :

Post a Comment