Bayside Quilt + Quilts of 2017

Happy New Year!

The biggest thing I started in 2017 was my hobby of quilting.  It has brought me a lot of joy through learning a new skill and working on different projects throughout the year.  I made my first "cheater" quilt in May 2017, and have worked on building my hobby from there!

I finished up the Bayside Quilt on New Year's Eve, making for 20 finished sewing/knitting/quilting projects in 2017 and the 9th quilt finish in the last six months!


The Bayside Quilt pattern is from Suzy Quilts and I totally copied her Christmas version using Cotton + Steel Noel fabrics.  I love the bright, modern feel to it...especially the sweaters on the back!


The pattern for this quilt can be found here.  It was a super quick quilt top to put together and can look really different depending on what fabrics are used.


Here's a little round up of the last nine quilts I finished in 2017... (two throw sized and seven wall hangings)...



  1. Schoolhouse quilt
  2. Vintage Tulips
  3. Like Riding a Bike
  4. Spools
  5. Cornerstone quilt
  6. Merrily Jolly wall quilt
  7. Merry Wreath
  8. Cozy Cabins
  9. Bayside quilt
I am excited to see what projects 2018 will bring, especially now that I treated myself to a new Husqvarna Viking sewing machine for Christmas!  

No comments :

Post a Comment