Living a Quilting Life

It's been a busy summer learning how to quilt!  So far I have finished three mini quilts and one medium sized (32x32") sized quilt!  It's been a ton of fun learning the ins and outs of quilting and it's easy to see why it is an addicting hobby for many people!  Here's a look at my work so far...

The first quilt I made was the Moda Love Quilt.  It's also the largest one I've done so far.  I used a Desert Bloom charm pack for the quilt with coordinating fabric for the background, backing and binding.  I love how it turned out!  It's the perfect colourful quilt to hang in our playroom/family room.
The second quilt I made is a Christmas quilt!  It's the Merrily Jolly wall hanging quilt using the Merrily by Gingiber panels and a charm pack.  I have three animals left from the panels and plan to sew them up into pillows!
The third quilt I made is the Schoolhouse block from Lori Holt's Bee in my Bonnet blog.  As soon as I saw this pattern I knew I had to make it into a mini quilt to hang up in my classroom!  I just loved sewing this one up as it had much more intricate piecing than I had done before.  I special ordered the penmanship background fabric from Lori Holt's line because I just HAD to have it.  The other fabrics are mixed pieces from my stash.
The last mini quilt I finished is the mini spools quilt pattern from Thimbleblossoms.  I have discovered many patterns (and fabrics) from this company that I loooove.  This is the first one that I finished up, and it is perfect for hanging up in my sewing area.  I used a Gooseberry charm pack and a some Cotton + Steel to make this quilt.  Absolutely love it!
This little spot has quickly become my happy place.  A little cluttered, but that's alright.  I'm currently working on the Vintage Tulips pattern from Thimbleblossoms.  Can't wait to show the finished quilt!
SaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment