Outdoor Holiday Decorating

With the all of the snow that fell in the past couple of days the world outside has been turned into a winter wonderland...which instantly gets me in the holiday mood! I spent some time this weekend decorating the outside of my house for the holidays using lots of (free) natural greenery collected from around our yard and my parents' yard (and ornaments I had in my collection at home). I made a large arrangement in a cast-iron urn for our front steps and also filled our two window boxes with pine and decor. So fun!





Large silver acorns, pinecones, red berries, and twig spheres were added to the pine in the window boxes to give a festive, yet rustic holiday feel.



I used four different kinds of evergreen greenery plus red dogwood branches, pinecones, red berries, and one twig sphere to make my dramatic outdoor arrangement. It's the first time I've made one, and I think it turned out pretty well!




With our red berry wreath, white lights on the house, and, of course, the snow, the exterior of our home is set for the holiday season!

2 comments :

  1. Amanda...just love your outdoor decorating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS LOVELY DAUGHTER!

    YOUR AN ABSOLUTE NATURAL WHEN IT COMES TO DECORATING!

    CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOUR HOME WILL LOOK LIKE WHEN YOU'VE CREATED ALL YOUR WONDERS!!

    MOM

    ReplyDelete