A Week at the Cabin

We just got home from one week away at Clear Lake in Riding Mountain National Park.  We've been vacationing at this spot for the last couple of summers and love it!  I grew up going camping in this park with my family and it's so fun to be sharing it with my own now.  We rented a cabin in the townsite of Wasagaming for the week (the same cabin we rented last summer) and it was our "new home" for the week, as Ari put it.  Here's a peek at how we spent our days...
 I took the kids out to visit the wishing well -- it's a bit of a tradition.

In the nearby town of Onanole is a great used bookstore/coffee shop called Poor Michael's Emporium.  The kids were a bit crazy and didn't let me shop, but they're still cute.


I enjoyed some morning walks along the lake on my own while the kids were with their dad.  Wonderful, peaceful recharge time!
 The kids loved the playground in town.  We were here at least once every day.
One afternoon we drove out to the bison enclosure in the park.  Of course, both kids fell asleep on the way and missed seeing all of these!
An annual tradition, walking on the Ominik Marsh boardwalk.  I think I have a picture of Peter and Ari from each year.  Ari just keeps getting bigger!
A family bike ride along the lake.  Ari is getting super fast on his balance bike!
Ari and the "elephant" (moose) close to our cabin.
Checking out the lake.

We got a couple of beach afternoons in....the kids loved playing in the sand and water!
Stopping for ice cream, again.  Love my little family!

No comments :

Post a Comment